Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Make Your Pop-Ups Work For You, Not Against You!

I was going to use the example below as the mistake of the day, but there are several just in this one pop-up I saw while surfing Traffic GoldRush.


Is Traffic Exchanges creating enough traffic for you? Frustrated and NO Results ?

Let me show you a free way to dramatically improve your results from Traffic Exchanges

Just fill in your details and I'll send you a email course
right away with all the information you need to get more
traffic...and the secrets using them 100%

A Sure FIRE WAY To Get The Traffic Your Sites NEEDS !!!!

The mistakes are in red. The first one uses the singular form of
the verb with a plural noun. The correct usage would be "Are Traffic Exchanges..."

The second one should be "An e-mail..." Use "an" before a noun that begins with a vowel.

I'm not absolutely sure what is wrong in the third mistake, though I suspect the writer simply left out a word, like "for" or "to". Perhaps s/he was trying for "...and the secrets for using them 100%" Still not a great sentence, but not quite as nonsensical as the original.

The last mistake is like the first - the noun and the verb don't agree.
Should be " your sites need!"

I suspect this was written by a non-English speaker, but still all the mistakes made me click away from it. Since this was a pop-up designed to grab my attention and get my e-mail address, the advertiser would have done better if s/he had had a native speaker proofread it.

That's it for today...happy selling and watch your language!

No comments:

Post a Comment